RSS

PrepAratiOn matTerS!!


Well, i am just an ordinary mom who still struggling but happy-to breastfeed my Zafreen as long as possible. I guess my love for breastfeeding started quite late (which i regret it till now). But, hikmahnya... i learnt a lot by joining forums and help groups and became quite obsess with the idea of breastfeeding especially after few months the birth of Zafreen.


BAsically, for an almost-failed-and-frustrated-breastfeeding-effort person like me, being able to fully breastfeed my Zafreen for more than 6 months was a very big successful story. The picture attached showed how little my EBM was for the first time... using a manual pump from a local co. that caused tearful 'ouchhhhhh ' for the whole 50 min. huhu...

So, these are what i discover during the whole process and i strongly share them with all my close friends. They might be different from your experiences but still work like a charm for few of my friends.

1) Prepare your mind sooner.

It is good to start instilling the idea to fully bf your beloved child as earlier as during your pregnancy stage.


2) Read and search appropriate information.

Use the information technology wisely and buy good books (if you think its worth buying) to get yourself informed of all related matter concerning bf. But be sure to not being information-overloaded becoz definitely it will make you stress and sometimes you tend to be lost.

3) Keep in touch with friends who are breastfeeding.

It helps to have friends who have the same feeling towards breastfeeding. Not only it provides you with all the supports and advices, friends will definitely give tips that normally have proven working and successful. Try to avoid friends who tend to give negative opinion just in case. (I guess i need to thank my friend Hasmawati Hashim for your tips and advices all these while)

4) Discuss and get the support from your spouse and family members.

This is infact the most important point that should be looked into seriously. I had to confront and stay firm with my mom's nagging when she forced me to give Zafreen 'susu tepung'. The reason was 'Lapar tu.. tu yang asyik menetek jer..' What i did, i just smile and said 'tak pe mak... ok jer. lama pun tak pe'. I am so lucky to have the strong support from my B. He's the reason for my successful effort and the existence of my electric pump Spectra (and the abandonment of my manual pump ..hehe)

5) Choose the correct tool.

If you are working moms, its good to invest into breastpump that works and worth for long use(not the one that might hurt u!!!). Read all the comments and talk to the users personally before you decide which pump is good for you. You are the only person understand the need in buying the pump. SO, if you decide to buy one, choose wisely k...


I think thats all i can share with you at the moment. I hope all first time mommies will find my preparation is helpful. I am still breastfeeding and hope by reading these, you will find breastfeeding is enjoyable and have better luck in breastfeeding fully. I hope the same for my second child. :)




















0 comments:

Post a Comment